Varhadi thaat…

Still remember those days when we used to go in hotel Maharashtra for lunch/dinner with all our friends to celebrate any auspicious day away from home in Pune. Yes, you guessed it right I am talking about the same hotel which is on JM road (Jangli Maharaj Road) “Hotel Maharashta”.
However, I believe gone are those days where in people would want to go to such hotels for the scary reason of so called ‘Swine Flue’ which is really spreading in the city like fire..
So, for all my Khavayye friends out there in pune this blog is for all of you and today’s recipe is “Baigen Bharta” one of the delicious dish in Maharashtrian Thai. Let me tell you I started preparing it just few weeks before and "I believe" I got the mastery in that. You will come to know that soon.
Let us talk about the Ingredients first
2 medium Baigan (eggplant)

1/2 cup Cooked Green Peas
1 Finely chopped Onion
1 Finely chopped Tomato
3 Finely chopped green Chilli
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
4 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing

Once you are ready with the above then believe me guys you are done with most part of the preparation. Now you just need to follow the steps as below.

Brush Baigan (eggplant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat, I really envy those who have gas burner because then it will be very easy but don't worry we have risk mitigation here if you don’t have a gas burner like I do then don’t worry lets use our oven to Broil the eggplants
Once done then remove those from the oven and now the most important thing is don’t forget to switch on your exhaust fan else because of heat and vapors your fire alarm will buzz and you would then have to share your dish with fire bridge people :)
Remove the flesh and mash it


That’s it just give the normal tadka to it and the delicious dish is very much ready for you to serve.
Don’t forget to garnish it with green coriander leaves



Enjoy the maharashtrian dish as I always do. :)




Comments

  1. too good,I can smell it bro.... bhabi khush rahegi haamri....J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Echoes..

Interesting Numerology!!

Ek Chidiya.. Anek Chidiya..