CoMiC CoN – A Religious Conviction


Unlike the normal busy days @ work, today it was kind of an easy going day for me the reason was a person dependent task which was not completed. While a conversation with my PL about this person who then I came to know went to San Diego for Comic-Con International Convention; BTW can you believe in the middle of the heavy work a man taking five days of leave and attending a Convention of Comic Books!!!! I was simply stunned and my brain stopped working after that. I was kind of frustrated too.

While coming back home I started thinking about the psychology of Americans, their mind set and the way they live their life.
This Comic con convention thought continued in my mind while taking a refreshing hot cup of tea in our balcony and listening to a live jazz orchestra in Mears Park.I suddenly remembered my old golden days where in we also started a library when we were 10 years old ( of course with the help of our elders) and collected hell lots of comics of “Dhoov”, “NaagRaj”, Chacha Chaudhary” and other books which used to be published by Diamond comics
However, we don’t have “that” interest now about these comics, it might be because over the period of time as I grew my parents want me to refrain from such things but still I remember watching serials like “Mogli”, “Tom & Jerry”, Alif Laila, “Captain Vyom” and how can I forget Shaktiman so called an Indian Hero just like an American SuperMan, BatMan, Shrek etc.
While thinking about all these things, I perhaps realized if we have all these Heroes then why won't we have such events organized? why won't we also have something called as Disney Land, is it because we don’t pay attention to those? Is it because we don’t need those? I certainly won’t agree to it because then why we suddenly feel need of animated movies like “Maruti Mera Dost” and “Mera Friend Ganesha”?? If not this then what are the avenues of the entertainment for common Indian children of 21st century? For sure they now won’t read Indian comic anymore.
In the famous poem, The Rainbow, William Wordsworth used the expression, "The child is father of the man.” his expression means that all our positive and negative traits are established when we are young. Indeed, if you watch children at play, you will notice them demonstrate certain characteristics which remain with them forever. May be, this process is called “Sanskara” in India. It is really necessary to groom children to adopt healthy attitudes and positive traits so that they grow up to be balanced individuals to indeed achieve a healthy Nation.
But, frankly speaking, how many of them really gets a chance to see the big fire works of Disney Land and a get to listen a song “Dreams always come true..” and a sentences like “I wish” unlike a child in US does, the answer would be NONE..
Still we are the number one destination for R&D with out ever dreaming, might be because there are still some people who believes in “Ignited Minds”. Imagine if every one of us starts dreaming about something starting right from our childhood instead of just mugging up the syllabus to merely pass the exam.
I wish…. I wish…. I wish….
BTW you must be thinking about the person who propelled me to think and write about all this – He is none other than our SQL DBA who must be enjoying his holidays in San Diego reading his favourite childhood comic and watching 4D movies.
By chance if you see him in office sooner than me then please ask him to contact me for moving my data bases to another server asap ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Painful Echoes..

Interesting Numerology!!

Ek Chidiya.. Anek Chidiya..